Early Years Leadership is for leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, managers of Private, Voluntary and Independent nurseries, headteachers of school-based and maintained nurseries, or childminders with leadership responsibilities.
We are proud to confirm that the new NPQEYL will be brought to you through our partnership with Teach First.
Cost – £1045 (Fully Funded by the DfE – click here for more information)
Length – 18 Months
-for leaders qualified to at least level 3 with a full and relevant qualification* who are, or are aspiring to be**:
- managers of private, voluntary and independent nurseries
- headteachers of school-based or maintained nurseries
- childminders with leadership responsibilities (you work with, employ or are close to employing an assistant)
What will I learn?
You’ll develop expertise in the knowledge, skills and concepts for leading an Early Years setting. These include best practice around child development and additional and special educational needs, as well as culture, organisational management and partnerships you may make as the leader of an Early Years setting.
Content will include core elements of the framework:
• Child development, curriculum and assessment
• Additional and special educational needs
• Professional development
• Organisational management
• Working in partnership
How will I benefit?
* Develop as a leader with responsibility across an Early Years organisation and learn how to create an effective culture in your setting.
* Access content across a breadth of areas such as culture, child development, curriculum and assessment, and organisational management.
* Be supported to effectively implement change and improvement in an area you identify as a setting priority.
Duration: 18 months (plus 3 months for the summative assessment process)
PROGRAMME HANDBOOK AVAILABLE HERE
Formative assessment takes place throughout the programme, helping you understand the progress you are making, and facilitators to adapt your learning experiences.
Summative assessment takes the form of a 1500-word response to a case study, completed in a single 8-day window at the end of your programme. The assessment will give you the opportunity to demonstrate how you would deploy the knowledge, skills and understanding gained through the NPQ to lead and implement a specific aspect of change.
All face to face sessions will be delivered at Park Lane Centre, Park Lane, Woodside, Telford, TF7 5QZ
|NPQEYL.2||Induction and Seminar 1||Introduction and Culture||21/02/2024||1.30pm||3.30pm||Park Lane Centre, Park Lane, Woodside, Telford TF7 5QZ|
|NPQEYL.2||Seminar 3 and 4||Organisational Management & Child Development and curriculum||11/06/2024||1.30pm||3.30pm||Park Lane Centre, Park Lane, Woodside, Telford TF7 5QZ|
|NPQEYL.2||Conference 1||Conference 1||17/09/2024||9am||4pm||Park Lane Centre, Park Lane, Woodside, Telford TF7 5QZ|
|NPQEYL.2||Seminar 5 and 6||Communication, Language & Literacy and Personal Social and Emotional Development||14/11/2024||1.30pm||3.30pm||Park Lane Centre, Park Lane, Woodside, Telford TF7 5QZ|
|NPQEYL.2||Seminar 8 and 9||Additional SEND / Professional Development||11/03/2025||1.30pm||3.30pm||Park Lane Centre, Park Lane, Woodside, Telford TF7 5QZ|
|NPQEYL.2||Seminar 10||Working in Partnerships||06/05/2025||3pm||4pm||Webinar|
|NPQEYL.2||Conference 2||Conference 2||20/05/2025||9am||4pm||Park Lane Centre, Park Lane, Woodside, Telford TF7 5QZ|
|NPQEYL.2||Group Seminar||Group Seminar||17/06/2025||3pm||4pm||Webinar|
Follow the links to find out: