National Professional Qualification for Middle Leadership
NPQML is aimed at individuals with responsibility for leading a team, including leaders of key stage, subject, curriculum, heads of department and pastoral leaders. This includes those who are, or are aspiring to be, a middle leader with cross-school responsibilities, e.g. a Specialist Leader of Education (SLE).
The qualification will support you in becoming a highly effective middle leader, with the skills, confidence and knowledge to drive successful team performance and improved classroom practice across your team.
It is expected participants will complete the programme within 12 months.
Our Delivery Model
Our delivery model adopts a blended learning approach – prioritising learning through face-to-face sessions with expert facilitators, who are practising educational leaders, supported by self-directed learning through think pieces, current cutting edge research, work based practice, and exposure to outstanding practice through brokered optional school visits.
*There may be cheaper options from alternative providers. However, your value for money is for proven reputation and quality – with measured impact on school improvement.
** Department for Education Scholarship Funding for all NPQs – go to our Registration page now to find out more about taking up one of these FREE places.
The Alliance of Leading Learning NPQML Package Includes:
- A Launch Day induction
- 3 face-to-face days
- Online support webinar on final assessment and how to hit the assessment criteria
- Access to the Alliance of Leading Learning national and international Professional Learning Community
- Admin support and customer care throughout the course
Leading with Impact:
- Anticipate other peoples’ views or feelings and moderate your approach accordingly.
- Adopt different leadership styles to ensure the team meets its objectives.
- Present, communicate or defend challenging messages confidently and positively to a range of audiences.
Teaching and Curriculum Excellence:
- Grow excellent, evidence-based teaching in a team and a curriculum that develops pupils academically and prepares them for adult life.
- Improve the progress, attainment and behaviour of all pupils, including those who are disadvantaged or have particular needs (for example, Pupil Premium, SEND, EAL or the most able pupils).
- Hold others to account, line manage and evaluate performance effectively.
- Support all members of their team with appropriate, targeted opportunities for professional development, including newly qualified teachers, teaching assistants, and stronger or weaker performers.
- Recognise their own strengths and weaknesses and identify learning linked to their needs.
- Evaluate the impact of professional development and pupil outcomes.
School Strategy and Improvement:
- Manage and analyse performance data to evaluate progress, identify trends, define team priorities and develop improvement strategies.
- Implement successful change at team level.
Working in Partnership:
- Realise the benefits of collaborating with others, including teachers, teaching assistants and non-teaching staff, other schools, parents/carers and other organisations.
- Support their team to build and sustain relationships with others which develop and share good practice and improve performance.
Managing Resources and Risks:
- Deploy staff, financial and educational resources within a team effectively, to enhance pupil progress and attainment.
- Manage risks within a team effectively (for example, in relation to staffing, finances or teacher workload), using a risk register.
- Deliver a safe environment for pupils and staff.
The assessment comprises of a project style submission detailing your development as a leader throughout the programme.
You will create a 4,500 word report based on your School Project where you will have been working with your team to improve pupil progress and attainment and your team’s capabilities.
Your school-based coach and sponsor will also be required to contribute by verifying your submission and supporting with further evidence.
You will be able to choose a window for your assessment within a 12 month timescale.
Click here to REGISTER